CPA Select Personal Accident Insurance is designed to help you and your family cope with the financial hardships that can accompany a serious accidental injury. Coverage is available to both you as a member, and your spouse.
Help shield your family and assets from the effects of lost income and unplanned medical expenses. Personal Accident Insurance provides coverage for you and/or your spouse.
Select coverage ranging from $25,000 to $750,000
(in $25,000 increments).
Apply before Age 64 and keep your coverage up to Age 75.
Acceptance is guaranteed with no medical questions when you apply.
Your coverage goes where you go — from one job to the next — anywhere in the world — for as long as you remain a member of one of the participating bodies.
This coverage includes the following features:
- Educational & Spousal Retraining Benefits
If you die as the direct result of an accident while insured, the Plan will provide an Educational Benefit for your dependent children.
If your spouse is covered under the Spouse Personal Accident Plan and you die as a result of an accident, the Plan will provide a Spousal Retraining Benefit.
- Repatriation Benefit
If the accident results in death, up to $10,000 is available for the return of the deceased if death occurs more than 50km from home and within 365 days of the date of the accident.
- Waiver of Premium
If the Insured Member suffers a Total Disability before Age 65, both member and spouse premiums will be waived after three consecutive months of continuous disability.
The waiver of premiums will remain in effect for as long as coverage continues and the member remains disabled under the terms of the Plan.
See the rates that apply to CPA Select Member and Spouse Personal Accident Insurance.
Monthly premiums are just $0.88 per person for every $25,000 in coverage – and do not increase with age
Benefits are available from $25,000 to a maximum of $750,000 per person.
Rates are subject to change.
CPA SELECT MEMBER & SPOUSE PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE $0.88 monthly per $25,000 of Accidental Death Coverage
|Sample Coverage||Monthly Premium|
The benefit will be based on the amount of coverage purchased (the principal sum) and the extent of the loss as outlined in the table below.
CPA SELECT MEMBER & SPOUSE PERSONAL ACCIDENT Major Impairment Benefit Payable
|200%||Quadriplegia, Paraplegia or Hemiplegia|
|100%||Loss of Both Hands, Both Arms, Both Feet or Sight of Both Eyes|
|100%||Loss of One Hand and One Foot|
|100%||Loss of Sight of One Eye and One Hand or One Foot|
|100%||Loss of Speech and Hearing in Both Ears|
|100%||Loss of Use of Both Arms or Both Hands|
|75%||Loss of One Hand or One Foot, or Use of One Hand or One Foot|
|75%||Loss of One Arm or One Leg, or Use of One Arm or One Leg|
||Loss of Sight in One Eye
||Loss of Speech or Hearing in Both Ears
||Loss of Thumb and Index Finger of Same Hand
||Loss of All Toes on One Foot
||Loss of Hearing in One Ear
||Loss of Life
To qualify for Member and/or Spouse Personal Accident coverage, you must be:
- a member (or spouse/common-law partner of a member) of one of the participating bodies:
- Chartered Professional Accountants of New Brunswick
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Nova Scotia
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Prince Edward Island
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Bermuda;
- under Age 65; and
- a resident of Canada or Bermuda.
A loss is covered only if It is the result of an accident, occurs within 12 months of the accident, and is complete and irreversible. Loss of use must be continuous for 12 months to be covered.
The following are NOT covered:
- Suicide, self-inflicted injuries (unless medical evidence established that injuries are related to mental illness), active participation in criminal offences or assault, insurrection, terrorism or war.
- Injuries with no visible wound on the exterior of the body, infirmity or disease, medical or surgical treatment or infection (except as a result of an accident).
- Injuries resulting from flying (except as a passenger with no flight duties), hang gliding or similar recreational sports.
Additional conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Review your certificate for complete details.